Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Day, Another Interview

Sorry I didn't have a post up yesterday. I was sooooooooo busy posting over at jconline.com. Check it out if you're bored...well, more bored than you must be to be reading this.

Today was just another day at the office. I thought, when I left, I would be the last one to be at work. But, pleasant surprise of surprises, I was first to get there. So, I went up to the track and watched some of the teams going around. I've been around professional cyclists for a few days now, and I'm still amazed with what they do on a daily basis. Especially the team, I forget which country they're from, that ride around in a circle at blinding speeds non-stop...for more than an hour.

We've seen the Americans a couple of times now and, I will say, regardless of what they want to put on their faces when they walk off a plane (Google "USA Cycling Masks...you'll find the controversy), they are working their butts off on that track. And, they're nice, at least compared to some of the cycling teams we've encountered so far.

Later in the day, after lunch, we got to talk to the French team. And, it was refreshing to talk to a coach who said, "Yes, you can talk to anyone you would like." I got to interview Clara Sanchez, a French cyclist who actually lives and trains in Aix-en-Provence, which is where the D'Arlier kids go every year. It wasn't the best interview, since she had to answer through a translator (aka one of her teammates), but it was cool to be able to talk briefly about Aix and how much I love it.

So, another day, another interview down. Now, tomorrow will be a crazy day: Opening Ceremonies (which we'll watch at Paul's Steak & Eggs, some of the best food here) and, more importantly, a day off. Sleeping in, maybe some errands if it's not too crowded out there in the harsh harsh world.

1 comment:

KittyMarie said...

http://www.slate.com/id/2196972/