Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Boring Day, Then a Productive One

Yesterday was really a boring day, hence no post. I interviewed a cyclists, he didn't really know English, I waited around for the cyclist a lot. Then I went home. Pretty normal.

Today, I got to sleep in, as today is my last day off before the craziness of the games start. I woke up and watched some swimming. I saw Phelps win another gold (shocking, I know) and Katie Hoff in, to be honest, a disappointing performance, in my opinion. I understand she was swimming against the world record holder, but she sank so low in the last 50m...it was sad. Also caught some gymnastics today and saw the US get beat by the Chinese. It was a solid year for both squads that, while we didn't rock gold in either men's or women's, it shows that we're a powerhouse that isn't just about gold medal fluke years.

We went to Paul's for some brunch. Then, Chad and I headed off to Sanlitun to the Adidas store. I bought the official Chinese team jacket, which is pretty sweet. Then we went off to a Mexican restaurant we know for some margaritas and a quesadilla. It was a small day, but a nice last day off before the madness begins.

No comments: